Saturday, September 29, 2012

Butterflies for a great Beginning



I start each year with a something for the student to design (color). This year I gave them butterflies and spoke to them about the artist David Kracov. I started to hang the butterflies in the hall to say We Art. The math guy thought it should say WMath, another teacher suggested our school District, which I decided was the way to go to. It turned out awesome!!


 I used Twisty wire to make some of the butterflies pop-out. 
Every Child made a Butterfly, at open house the kids had a great time showing their parents which butterfly they made. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just looked at your profile and realized where you are located. Will you be going to the NYSATA conference in Rochester in November? I'll be there - I'm teaching some workshops again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't put in for it yet, but I plan to. I would love to go to another one of your workshops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea! Thanks for also linking to the inspiration artist.

    ReplyDelete